Monday, November 30, 2009

Joke of the Day


I see from back here that I started a minhag of The Joke of the Day, yet there was only one entry. So here's number 2, one of my favorite jokes of all time:
Two astronauts make the first manned flight to Mars. Upon landing, they find themselves face-to-face with a couple of green Martians.

"How do we make contact?" asks the first astronaut.

"They look pretty primitive. Let's impress them with some of our technology."

"OK." says the first.

He reaches into the pocket of his spacesuit and pulls out a laser-torch. The Martians look interested.

"I think it's working - light it!" says the second.

The first astronaut presses the button and a flame shoots out. Immediately the faces of the Martians turn from green to red.

"Wow!" says the first, "they must really be impressed."

Then one of the Martians reaches out his little green hand, points a finger at the men, frowns, and says very sternly, "Shabbos!"
There's important Torah to this joke as well, but I'll leave that to another time. Thanks to here for the basic text (I changed it a bit to my taste).

Pic is of everyone's favorite Martian.

No comments: