Thursday, June 05, 2008

Stranglehold

It's deadly deadline time again. Last time, the song I played over and over was "Time is Running Out". This time it's Ted Nugent's "Stranglehold." I was never much of a Nugent fan (he's a total wacko on and off the stage), but, being a music fan, over the years I've purchased and otherwise acquired as many 'Best of' albums so to sample the full gamut of the popular music landscape.

All I knew of Nugent was "Cat Scratch Fever" - an OK song with good guitar-work. But after listening to his "Best Of" I realized that the man swings a truly mean axe. And I fell in love with "Stranglehold" - an eight minute song with asinine lyrics that is basically a guitar Inna-Gadda-Da-Vida: a thorough-going exposition on what the electric guitar can do.

Here's a youtube someone put up of with pictures of the Nuge set to the full studio version of Stranglehold.

What I'm playing is my collection of Strangleholds from the studio, live, and bootleg albums.

Update: Another searcher.

No comments: