Friday, June 13, 2008

Scariest Video Ever


Retrojunk is an important memory bank for Gen-Xers like me, especially in their trove of TV show intros.

While surfing there the other day, I came across what may be the scariest video ever: the He-Man intro in German.

Why so scary? Well, the dialogue of the intro, as you probably know by heart, contains this line: "Fabulous secret powers were revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said 'by the power of Greyskull. I have the power!' Cringer became the mighty Battle Cat and I became He-Man the most powerful man in the universe."

It's already pretty spooky when, in the normal English intro, 'Adam' declares "I have the power!" When it's bellowed in German? Holy moley. Everything screamed in German in scary, but especially when musclebound warriors in blond page-boys scream about being supermen.

(see another version, less scary, at youtube here; but this second youtube version is also nasty.)

No comments: