Thursday, May 01, 2008

Atari 2600 Catalogs

Yes, yes baby!

Finally tracked these down (following the Gen-X Google Principle, i.e. "I'm sure that's online [applied to anything from my 1970s upbringing/youth]) The collection of Atari 2600 Manuals!

We didn't have that many cartridges (actually, in retrospect, we probably had a bunch - and they were crazy expensive back then, like 20-30$ a pop! - but it wasn't as many as I'd have liked).

The game we had the most fun with was Warlords. Good ol' Dominick, Marcus, Felipe, and Restivo.

But Adventure probably contains the most nostalgia for me. That red dragon was mean; what should I expect from a creature genetically engineered with a gastric compartment the exact size/shape of my protagonist's monad-cube body.

Oh, I could spend all day here!

Backpost finished on 2009-11-25; not sure why it took me this long.

No comments: