Tuesday, March 01, 2005

100 Day III

I don't know what's going on but the fever has not really gone away (it hasn't hit 102 but it's hovering in the C-note). I don't have the symptoms of Strep, so that's good, but my throat is very painful.

I had to cancel my halakha class tonight - the first time I've ever done so because of illness. I had a good excuse: every time I try to talk for more than 30 seconds I start coughing and hacking and ouch. Also, the Siyum Ha-Shas was tonight and a bunch of people were going to that; and also a big thing at the JCC; and ouch. I haaaaate cancelling class. Oh, also, there was another Nor'easter so it's snowy. And ouch.

The main reason why I need to get better is so I can hug my son. I miss him and he misses me. Also, so I can help hold him down while my wife changes him. He loves twirling around and acting all acrobatic on the changing table now - which makes de-poopifying him a two person job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was terribly sick a few weeks ago with a persistent fever and a mild sore throat, but no classic strep symptoms until the fourth day when the glands on the right side of my neck swelled up jsut a little. I was made to go get a throat culture anyway, and...yup, it was strep. Supposedly it's going around something nasty this year. If you have even the tiniest hint of swollen glands (or even if you don't), you should go get yourself tested. Antibiotics are wonderful!