Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Karaites vs. Messianics

[This is a backpost dated from September 27, 2004 - I only had one line, I think I can remember where I was going with it]

I was doing Sukkot research online and stumbled across the Karaite form of Sukkot.

I think I wanted to weigh who is weirder or more obnoxious - the Messianics or Karaites, and I think the Messainics are still worse. The Karaites just take away from the religion but the Messainics add a whole mess of bad. In a certain extent, the halakha of 'Bal Tosif' is worse than 'Bal Tigra']

{2009 Update: pic from this website, which I haven't checked out, but looks notable in itself}

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Would you believe...I read this yesterday, went to the Karaite site out of curiosity and poked around a bit, and then we had a twenty-minute diversion discussing Karaites at Rabbi G's women's gemara class that very night!

(I think that proper grammar calls for a question mark instead of an exclamation point, but I think it looks funny.)