Tuesday, May 06, 2003

Reporter: Part Two

Well, this was a very good reporter. Maya Kremen, writing for the Herald-Tribune (which is either a North Jersey newspaper or a 1930s Hearst time-travelers nightmare). Here's a recent article.

I may have done a bad thing. Ya see, I was in the middle of writing Bloggy things and she caught me in this kind of mood, and well, and well, augh. I violated a Styx Rule and talked to a reporter. She just kept asking what I knew about "Chamsa" and I explained that I knew nothing of that kind of music; moreover I was in the middle of listening to Aretha Franklin (her version of Eleanor Rigby) and wanted to get back. She asked why I didn't listen to their music and I said that they were "pop" and I don't like "pop" in any form. She claimed that "Chamsa" had critics on religious grounds, etc. All of her questions made me realize that there is a much better and bigger article/piece there. If it gets published, I'll link it here.

No comments: