Friday, December 10, 2004

O'Reilly - A New American Hero

By "new America" I mean the world that George W. Bush has created. Fox News is nearly invincible and Bill O'Reilly is the tip of the teflon. He has survived the revelation of disgusting sexual harassment because, hey, Bush is in power not Clinton.

Now, here's some more wonderful behavior this time against Jews (who are not as numerous as women, so this will also blow away): O'Reilly attacks ADL

O'Reilly doesn't like criticism and the ADL reprimanded him for responding to a Jewish caller who said

CALLER: When I was growing up -- I'm Jewish, but I was not in a very Jewish area. There were some Jews there but, I was kind of -- grew up with a resentment because I felt that people were trying to convert me to Christianity [by introducing Christmas into schools]--

Part of O'Reilly's response:
O'REILLY: All right. Well, what I'm tellin' you, [caller], is I think you're takin' it too seriously. You have a predominantly Christian nation. You have a federal holiday based on the philosopher Jesus. And you don't wanna hear about it? Come on, [caller] -- if you are really offended, you gotta go to Israel then. I mean because we live in a country founded on Judeo -- and that's your guys' -- Christian, that's my guys' philosophy. But overwhelmingly, America is Christian. And the holiday is a federal holiday honoring the philosopher Jesus. So, you don't wanna hear about it? Impossible.
Read the whole thing; it's a hoot! Viva Bush! Viva Fox!

{2009 Update: great pic from here.}

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

O'Reilly is either a nut or is trying to generate ratings by stirring the pot. He's too easy a target - a parody.

Let's face it - ADL does have a hair-trigger sometimes, and the level of hand-wringing over "The Passion" by many "spokesmen" for various Jewish groups was embarrassing, especially given it was largely a non-event in terms of sparking anti-semitic problems. By the way, check out the first scenes of that film (and forget the rest of it) for a look at the way we used to pray - really pray, working up a sweat and throwing ourselves down on the earth crying out to the Master of the World. Try that in your best Shabbos suit!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what O'Reilly has to do with Bush, by the way.