Tuesday, July 29, 2003

Poodle Hat

No question, I have not outgrown my supernerd upbringing. There's a new(ish) Weird Al Yankovic album out. I am proud of my heritage! Because he parodies the most catchy of the modern songs, I can listen to the enjoyable music but actually have intelligent lyrics (e.g. instead of Eminem's foulness, we get "Couch Potato."

Speaking of Eminem: the guy is such a macho tough-guy that he refused to let Weird Al make a parody video. Someone should tell Mr. M that machoness is synonymous with *high* self esteem.

For you who are brave enough to embrace your inner (outer) Nerd, please purchase the album (or download it, whatever) and listen to his on-spot homages/spoofs to/of Bob Dylan and Frank Zappa (in "Bob" and the superlative "Genius in France" respectively).

As Al says, "Sign my poodle, s'il vous plait"

No comments: